People who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to work and participate in occupational workplace training program.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THIS VISA?
A person eligible for this visa is someone who:
- Is sponsored by an approved temporary activities sponsor/employer to participate in workplace-based occupational training activities. (TMG College may assist in identifying potential employers across all industries)
- Is identified in an approved Nomination. It means that the nominee/trainee’s skills, qualifications and experience match the position description provided by the employer and the training plan provided by TMG College.
- Is invited (if the sponsor is a Commonwealth agency)
- Has minimum 4.5 average band score in IELTS.
- Is at least 18 years of age.
- Has a genuine intention to stay temporarily in Australia to undertake paid employment and occupational training directly related to their current occupation, field of study or workplace experience.
- Has health insurance for the duration of their stay. You should ensure that your insurance will
provide at least the level of coverage required for the purpose of your stay. Your health insurer
could be in either Australia or your home country. (For more information, you may visit
- Meets health and character requirements. (For more details, visit https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/407-)
A business lawfully operating in Australia, a Government agency or a Foreign Government Agency approved as temporary activities sponsor with the capacity to meet the sponsorship obligations (E.g. Financial status, registration status, number of employees, etc). The employer in collaboration with TMG College will provide occupational training in the workplace.
An employer can sponsor a Training Visa-Subclass 407 applicant if:
- It is an organisation lawfully and actively operating in Australia, a Government agency or a Foreign Government Agency.
- Has no adverse information known about the business or a person associated with the business that could affect the employers’ suitability as a sponsor.
- Has the capacity to meet the sponsorship obligations (E.g. Financial status, registration status, number of employees, etc) and provide occupational training.
- Has been approved as a Temporary Activities Sponsor. Apply online through your ImmiAccount for approval. We may refer a migration agent to help you to complete the registration.
- Has provided TMG College with an Employment offer and Position Description. We assist employers and trainees in identifying skill shortages to reach proposed development outcomes.
HOW EMPLOYERS CAN GET STARTED
- Get registration as a Temporary Activities sponsor. We may refer a migration agent to help you to complete the registration.
- Provide TMG College with an Employment Offer and Position Description to start a training needs analysis.
- Nominate your trainee for the Training Visa-Subclass 407 with the proposed TMG College training plan.
- Once the trainee gets their 407-Training Visa granted, they are ready to commence work and their workplace training.
HOW CAN I GET A NOMINATION APPROVED?
The Nomination process identifies:
- The Nomination eligibility type:
- The details of the proposed training programme, provided by TMG College.
- A position description of the role to be filled.
- Skills, qualifications and experience required for the position
- The name of the person/trainee who has been nominated to take part in the training.
The Malka Group -TMG College is a quality, high respected Registered Training Organisation, and also a Temporary Activities Sponsor approved by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) for the Occupational Trainee stream.
TMG College is one of Australia’s leading private training providers for individuals and businesses. We have a 12 year track record of success in designing and delivering nationally recognised quality training and Australian accredited qualifications.
WHAT IS TMG COLLEGE’s ROLE?
- Support employers to identify suitable trainees.
- Identify skills gaps and provide structured and customised training plans to assist employers and trainees with their workplace training and skills development.
- Monitor trainees’ progress, modifying training plans where necessary in consultation with their employer.
HOW TO GET A TMG COLLEGE TRAINING PLAN?
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR PREPARING A TRAINING PLAN (TP):
- Certified copy of Passport
- IELTS results card
- Certified copies of Academic Documents.
- Detailed CV with contact details and relevant experience.
- Employment Letter with Position description.
- After a review of the documents submitted, a Skype, phone or face to face interview is carried out with the applicant to commence a training needs analysis.
- A fee of $1,500.00 is payable for the completion of the training analysis stage which will result
in a complete individual training plan.
- Allow ten (10) business days for the finalisation of the Training Plan (TP) with reference to candidate’s resume, position description and interview findings.
- Once the Training Plan has been prepared and paid for, a copy will be sent to your Migration agent to support your visa application along with a document outlining the costs of the Australian workplace training.
Training Visa- 407 Granted!
- On the granting of your visa, you will be presented with an invoice for 50% of the agreed training cost. Payment should be made within 14 days of receipt of invoice. The final 50% should be paid in six months after commencement of your employment and training program.
- On arrival in Australia, you will commence your training and TMG College will provide the training induction in your workplace.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS VISA?
- Secure (up to a maximum of two years) paid workplace training in Australia to enhance skills in the relevant occupation or field of industry expertise. A tailored workplace training programme
entails: at least 30 hours a week of training, of which at least 70 percent is conducted in the
workplace (i.e. not in a classroom or similar teaching environment).
- Gain Australian paid workplace experience
- Develop Australian workplace skills
- Opportunity to bring dependents to Australia with you.
- Guaranteed pay rates and workplace conditions set by Australia law.
- Stay in Australia for the duration of the employment and training period
- Travel to and from Australia whilst your visa is valid.
- Opportunity to renew the visa. (For more details, visit https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa-1/407-)
- People with recent and relevant overseas industry experience verified by previous employment letters.
- Training delivered on & off the job
- Opportunity for employers to renew the visa as required.
- Trainees with verified functional English to undertake workplace training
- Nominated salary award rates for the relevant occupation.
- Employer Sponsorship approval for a period of five years.
Discuss this Training visa-Subclass 407 opportunity with your Migration Agent or TMG College