Advanced Diploma of Network Security
||Advanced Diploma of Network Security
||Melbourne City Campus, Werribee, Box Hill
ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Network Security qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to plan, design, manage and monitor an enterprise information and communications technology (ICT) network as an independent ICT specialist or as part of a team responsible for advanced ICT network security systems.
Assessment methods may include:
- Demonstration / Presentation in classroom
- Underpinning knowledge questioning
- Role plays
Units of Competency
The ICT60215 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology Network Security requires successful completion of 12 units of competency:
ICTNWK502 – Implement secure encryption technologies
ICTNWK509 – Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks
ICTNWK601 – Design and implement a security system
ICTNWK602 - Plan, configure and test advanced server based security
ICTSUS601 – Integrate sustainability in ICT planning and design projects
ICTNWK604 - Plan and configure advanced internetwork switching solutions
ICTICT609 – Lead the evaluation and implementation of current industry specific technologies
ICTNWK607 – Design and implement wireless network security
ICTNWK605 – Design and configure secure integrated wireless systems
BSBMGT608 – Manage innovation and continuous improvement
ICTPMG501 – Manage ICT projects
ICTNWK615 – Design and configure desktop virtualisation
Credit Transfer and RPL offered: Recognition of prior learning and skills assessment
There are no entry requirements for this qualification. However, it is assumed that you have:
- Completed the certificate IV in Information Technology Networking or Diploma of Information Technology networking or qualification specialising in network administration, or other relevant qualification; or
- Demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments using IT networking technologies.
Applicant will be required to successfully complete an ACSF language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) Assessment.
Learning, reading, writing, oral communication and numeracy (ACSF Level 5) are desirable to participate in the course
Learners who successfully complete this qualification may pathway into further study options in Vocational Graduate Certificate qualifications, or other relevant higher education sector qualifications.
This qualification may provide possible job titles:
- E-Security Specialist
- ICT Security Specialist
- IT Security Administrator
- IT Security Analyst / IT Security Specialist
- Systems/Network Administrator
- Network Security Analyst / Network Security Specialist
- Network Security Administrator
- Senior Network Administrator / Systems Security Analyst.