COVID-19 has changed the way we live our lives. Strong Infection Control training has been developed in response to theses changes as we all begin to integrate ourselves back into the workforce.
We are now required to obtain new skills and knowledge that will enable us to continue working in our chosen vocation, skills of which will eliminate the spread of COVID-19.
These specific skill sets have been designed to provide employees with the skills and knowledge needed to follow basic Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures, managing the risk of infection posed by COVID-19 as we all return to work.
Participants will learn:
- Hand and hygiene practices
- Surface and environmental cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Waste disposal
- Identification of hazards and risks controls
- Breaking the chain of infection
- Key modes of disease transmission
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette
- Social distancing
After completion, participants will be able to:
- Confidently follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Identify infection hazards and assess risks
Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
Find out more and register for one of the streams below!
Training delivered across Victoria with Victorian and Commonwealth Government funding. We encourage individuals with disabilities to access training subsidised through the Skills First Program. Enrolment for eligible students is under the Skills First Program and may impact access to further Government-subsidised training. Enrolment fee may apply. For current policies, procedures, fees, eligibility, documentation, relating to this information, please refer to the TMG website (http://www.tmg.edu.au).