|PRESCRIBED REQUIREMENTS FOR ONLINE SERVICE STANDARDS
The following are the minimum prescribed items that Training Providers must include in their online service standards. These online service standards must be published in a prominent place on the Training Provider’s website.
|PRESCRIBED ITEM TO BE ADDRESSED
|1. Student support, including:
- Details of how and when Teacher/trainer/assessors, administration staff, information technology staff, and any other key staff can be contacted by students and response times for queries.
- Support services available and how they can be accessed by students studying online.
|Students are supported throughout their study and have clear information about how to access this support.
|2. Student entry requirements and induction, including:
- Confirmation of digital literacy.
- Details of platform/s to access learning materials and resources.
- Minimum hardware and software requirements.
|Students are only enrolled in courses that are suitable and appropriate.
Students are aware of the minimum requirements to be able to participate in the course.
|3. Learning materials, including
- Various formats to optimise the learning experience.
- How the high level principles of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines are met.
|Learning materials cover all aspects of a unit of competency and all necessary information to enable competency to be achieved.
Learning materials are accessible to a wide variety of learners.
|4. Student engagement, including
- Provision of collaborative learning opportunities with peers and others.
- Provision of ongoing feedback – the Training Provider’s approach to collecting feedback and frequency.
- Monitoring of student activity or non-participation.
|Students are engaged in learning and monitored to ensure they continually progress through their program.
|5. Mode and method of assessments utilised, including:
- Forms of assessment used.
- Tools and technology used to facilitate assessment of practical skills.
|Students are assessed against all aspects of a unit of competency and practical skills are assessed using contemporary technology.
|6. Details of trainer and assessor skill and experience in online delivery, including
- Relevant qualifications and professional development.
|Trainers and assessors are skilled in online facilitation and have current qualifications or have completed professional development to enable them to deliver an engaging learning experience.