Thank you for all your support during this term as we all worked together on a real time distance, flexible learning schedule via our Virtual Classrooms. What an amazing experience this has been, and your co-operation is greatly appreciated.
Following advice received from the Chief Health Officer, Secondary Schools can now begin a phased return to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training.
What does this mean for TMG College Australia Students – Returning to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training?
Stage 1 – VETIS and SBAT Students studying at THEIR own School – to resume case by case on a School and Qualification basis.
In the First Stage, VETIS and SBAT Students who have a TMG College Australia Trainer who comes to their School to run classes, will commence from Wednesday 27th May. Note: TMG College Australia will confirm these arrangements in writing with you and your School. Virtual Classroom training may still be required to be undertaken for some Schools as we transition back to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training.
Stage 2 – SBAT Students studying AT TMG College Australia Campus – to resume Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training from the 17th June.
In the Second Stage of our return to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training:
- Wednesday, 17th June and Friday 19th June: SBAT Students will return to either the CBD, Werribee or Box Hill Campus according to their timetable at TMG College Australia.
- For Students that have not undertaken Work Placement, these Work Placement hours will be made up through adjusting the timetable and increasing Work Placement hours as a block during September / October/November 2020. This is with the assumption that the Covid-19 lifting of restrictions will have occurred.
- For Students who are currently undertaking Work Placement, you are required to continue as per your timetable and will not be required to make up the shortfall in hours.
- TMG College Australia has ensured all Host Employers have been provided with a Covid-19 Information Pack assisting them to prepare for Students returning to Work Placement at their business, and to align with the National Covid-19 Safe Workplace Principles and recommendations from Safe Work Australia.
TMG College Australia Student Attendance Expectations
Once all Students from each Stage above have returned to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training, all Students will be expected to attend training as normal, at their agreed venue and time. All TMG College Australia attendance Policies and Procedures will be enforceable. If Students need to be absent for health or medical reasons, please follow normal processes and contact TMG College Australia Student Support Services prior to your non-attendance.
The health, safety and wellbeing of our Students is TMG College Australia’s highest priority. To prepare for our Students’ return to Onsite Face-to-Face Classroom Based Training, TMG College Australia is adhering to the following recommended practices from Safe Work Australia https://www.safeworkaustralia.gov.au
- Adhere to the Workplace Checklist – COVID-19 – This checklist will help employers to identify how they can keep their workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace.
- Adhere to the Physical Distancing Checklist – COVID-19 – This checklist will help employers to identify how they can implement physical distancing measures to keep their workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace.
- Adhere to the Cleaning Checklist – COVID-19 – This checklist will help employers to clean their Workplace and keep their workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19.
- Adhere to the Health, Hygiene and Facilities Checklist – COVID-19 – This checklist will help employers to implement good hygiene measures so they can keep their workers safe and limit the spread of COVID-19 in the Workplace.
- Adhere to the How to Clean and Disinfect your Workplace – COVID-19 – Guidance on how to clean your Workplace to keep it safe and limit the spread of COVID-19.
To support the health and wellbeing of all Students and Staff, TMG College Australia will continue our enhanced cleaning routine and will encourage frequent handwashing and hand sanitising. We have extra day cleaners on site across our three campuses and their focus will be sanitising and cleaning frequent touch areas as well as ensuring a high hygiene environment.
In addition, we have engaged the use of Rentokil for a Precautionary Disinfection Service prior to all Students returning to our Campuses. This additional service reduces surface contamination and the spread of viruses and bacteria within the Campus.
This is a two-step process that involves the sanitising and wiping down of all touch points and a cold ULV fogging of long lasting disinfectant on all surfaces, Precautionary Disinfection will deliver a number of benefits for each Campus:
- Reduction of cross contamination within the treated environment
- Treatment of all surfaces, not just touchpoints
- An investment in long lasting protection that demonstrates social responsibility and care for employees and visitors
Precautionary Disinfection is a service designed to reduce surface contamination and spread of viruses and bacteria, with a long-lasting effect.
Physical Distancing and Other Changes
TMG College Australia understand that some Students may feel anxious about the move back to face-to-face classroom-based training. I can assure you that this decision has been taken on the basis of the best health advice available in our State.
More information about the return to school and coronavirus (COVID-19) can be found on the Department of Education and Training website, which will continue to be updated: https://www.education.vic.gov.au/Pages/default.aspx
Thank you for your continued support and patience during these far from normal times. We look forward to welcoming you our valued Students back to the classroom.